NomadConfEU (formerly NomadOpenEU)
An unconference throughout Europe to grow your professional nomadic practices… and to spend a good time between ephemeral coworking in trains and meeting local communities!
When, where, how much?
The first edition took place in August 2017. If you’re interested in the second edition (dates TBA), send an email to
It is possible to participate in the adventure from one end to the other, or only for some of the segments:
|Segment||Departure||Full fare||Duration||Actual participants count|
|Paris||Thursday 17 August, 08:30||69 €||3h||4|
|Bordeaux||Friday 18 August, 15:00||36 €||4h30||4|
|San Sebastián||Saturday 19 August, 07:30||55 €||5h30||0|
|Barcelona||Monday 21 August, 07:30||69 €||5h||0|
|Lyon||Tuesday 22 August, 10:00||56 €||6h||0|
|Francfort||Wednesday 23 August, 14:00||49 €||4h15||0|
You should come if…
- You want to follow your two feet.
- You want to work on a train.
- You want to meet people.
- You are welcoming.
- You are curious.
You should not come if you want to receive training to become digital nomad. There will be no teachers, only attendees :)
Want to get on the train? Want to welcome the group during a stop (to discover a city, a local community…)? A question? Write an email to
What we will talk about
Materials and best practices
- Connectivity: phone plans and devices.
- Bags: what to take and what to carry.
- Accommodation: exchange, rental, hotel, hostel, friends …
- Cooking without a kitchen.
- Projectors and secondary screens.
- Wifi proxy.
- MOSH (Mobile Shell).
- Is the term “nomad” pertinent?
- Is the term “open” the most relevant?
- FriendlyPlaces: collaboratively referencing spaces that are welcoming and compatible with our practices.
What you’ll want to talk about! Propose a topic, now or during the ride!